Lab Tech (Millsboro) - I (Assistant)
Location: Millsboro, DE 19966, USA
Position description for lab tech (entry level): A Laboratory Technician is responsible for critical laboratory procedures and duties in the production of veterinary products. Technicians may work with a variety of technical equipment while completing cell culture processes throughout the manufacturing cycle. At all times technicians must follow Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures and adhere to all safety and company policies, perform duties assigned by department supervision.
- Some of the duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform procedures including aseptic work, media preparation, antigen inoculation and harvest, tissue culture preparation and harvest, filling vaccines, etc.
- Maintain accurate and reliable record keeping including charts, log books, and all pertinent documentation
- Communicate any unusual and/or non-routine occurrences when performing tasks
- Cleaning work areas, prepare, clean and sterilize glassware and equipment for use
- Equipment setup and operation
- Embryonic eggs are utilized for virus propagation 2. Hazardous materials: Isopropal Alcohol, Hydrogen peroxide, Phenolic Disinfectants, Oxidizers
- Bachelors degree or commensurate experience with some lab based experience.
- GMP experience needed.
- Some scientific background/experience would be helpful.
- Cell culturing experience very helpful.
- Prior SAP experience.
- Physical abilities test will be required prior to being allowed to start on site.
- Aseptic/clean room environment environment experience.
- Experience using PH meters, UniFuge, measuring components, reading/following SOP's, aseptic behaviors.
- Preferred: Vaccine knowledge.
Note - **SHIFT* Stretch of 4 - 10 hour days** experience. Effective writing, oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are highly desirable.
Two Companies, One Partnership.
AgileOne is proud to be responsible for placing temporary employees on assignment at Merck & Co. We are always looking for talented people who can bring their empathy, creativity, organization, and other skills to Merck. It is these unique skills that contribute to their company purpose of saving and improving lives around the world. Please join us as an AgileOne temporary employee on assignment at Merck —and start making your impact today!
EEO Employer Verbiage:
AgileOne is headquartered in Torrance, California, and is the Global External Workforce Solutions Provider for Merck & Company. Our temporary employment opportunities are perfect for highly skilled professionals who want to make an impact at a top-tier company, without committing to a long-term employment relationship! When you join one of our projects, you’ll take on exciting work with our client. Merck is a global leader, and their products are found in 79% of countries worldwide. They have approximately 68,000 employees.
While on temporary assignment at Merck, your employer of record and employee benefits are through AgileOne. At AgileOne, we invest in employee development and wellbeing. Our corporate culture rewards productivity, world-class customer service, and creative approaches to problem solving. Some of the employee benefits include:
- Weekly compensation!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) and Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Employee recognition programs
- Career development opportunities
- Life & disability coverage
Diversity & Inclusion
The ActOne Group bears the distinction of being the largest, zero-debt, certified woman/minority-owned workforce management company in the United States. AgileOne strives to offer each employee an inclusive, respectful, and engaging work environment that celebrates the wide range of talents they bring to our organization.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Giving back to the local communities is a fundamental part of AgileOne. We pay it forward by encouraging our employees and teams to lend their time and talent. We have a strong history of supporting the following causes:
- Local food banks and rescue missions
- AIDS Walk Los Angeles
- Run from Hunger
- Just in Time for Foster Youth
Diversity of talent. Diversity of thought. Diversity of background. Many experiences: ONE voice.
AgileOne is an Equal Opportunity Employer